The Programme Analyst, Innovation and Knowledge position is located in the Country Office of UNFPA in Kampala and reports to the Resource Mobilization and Partnerships Specialist in the Resource Mobilization, Innovation and Strategic Communications unit of the Country Office (CO).
The Programme Analyst, works on developing innovation projects and managing knowledge generated from UNFPA’s country programme of assistance to the Government of Uganda.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2022-2025), reaffirms the relevance of the current strategic direction of UNFPA and focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. These results capture our strategic commitments on accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action leading up to 2030. Our strategic plan calls upon UN Member States, organizations and individuals to “build forward better”, while addressing the negative impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on women’s and girls’ access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights, recover lost gains and realize our goals.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
The incumbent shall provide technical guidance and oversight support to UNFPA programme managers and implementing partners in identifying and nurturing innovations including linking innovators to potential partners for scaling up. The incumbent shall work to ensure that results from studies and research work are appropriately disseminated with a clear dissemination plan and utilized to inform policies and programming processes. He/She shall work with staff in integrating innovations in resource mobilization, sexual reproductive health & HIV integration, youth development, gender and human rights, monitoring and evaluation, GBV and harmful practices and in Humanitarian preparedness and response.
The Programme Analyst ensures the appropriate application of UNFPA CO systems and procedures. S/he facilitates the work of consultants, advisors and experts and establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with counterparts in government, multilateral and bi-lateral donor agencies and civil society to address emerging issues with regard to UNFPA’s work. S/he plays a pivotal role in managing resources for work. S/he is a substantive contributor to the unit and overall UNFPA CO programme team.
You would be responsible for:
A. Innovation, Knowledge Management, and Dissemination
- Identify new innovation opportunities using best practices, programme implementation and research.
- Contribute to the design and establishment of innovation processes and projects.
- Promote the value of innovation to staff, implementing partners and all stakeholders. Lead staff to participate in innovation processes, identifying problems and sourcing for innovative solutions.
- Map out existing innovation and innovative approach (e.g. m/e health, e-training, use of social media) including in the private sector to inform UNFPA’s work.
- Develop tools and methods to identify, record and disseminate innovative approaches to achieving the ICPD agenda, especially to programming, effective management and service delivery that promote equity and right-based approach.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the Country Office Innovation strategy.
- Develop strong and innovative concepts for new products, tools and resource mobilization for a more vibrant and innovative approach towards communicating results and achievements, and assist country offices in the implementation of innovative prototypes.
- Link and network innovators to potential partners for upscaling and implementation.
- Participate and develop national innovation hubs and networks in the areas of integrated sexual reproductive health and HIV, Gender and human rights, Youth Development, GBV and harmful practices, M&E, resource mobilization and humanitarian preparedness and response.
- Facilitate and help maintain and make accessible databases on best/good practices, lessons learned, partnerships, researches/studies and consultant rosters and help ensure their accessibility;
- Disseminate and promote the use of state-of-the-art technical knowledge, evidence, lessons learned, and success stories and ensure their use to improve the effectiveness of UNFPA operations.
- Manage and coordinate knowledge networks through partnerships and collaboration with research and academic institutions as well as with other UN agencies, including in the context of the DaO.
- Guide documentation (collection, review and analysis) of good/best practices and lessons learned in accordance with UNFPA guidelines to demonstrate impact and foster their use for learning, realigning project intervention, innovation and scaling up.
- Establish and manage knowledge hub and data repository.
- Support the development of communities and networks in integrated sexual reproductive health, population, SRH-HIV integration, gender and human rights, Youth Development, GBV and harmful practices and humanitarian preparedness and response to advance the ICPD agenda.
- Participate in the knowledge management committee providing oversight and review of terms of reference for studies, reports for studies, researches and knowledge generating consultancies to ensure relevance to UNFPA mandate.
- Help to monitor latest trends and developments in the knowledge and innovation area, and contribute to the definition of a methodology of how impact can be measured and how the value of new innovations can be demonstrated.
- Manage requests from implementing partners and stakeholders in the area of knowledge management (e.g community of knowledge production and dissemination of information and communication products/outputs tailored to target groups and/or users through provision of innovative and forward looking solutions).
- Support the use of “big data” for development and other traditional data for monitoring and evaluation of programmes and policies.
- Assist in the development of partnerships with other organizations in the knowledge and innovation area.
- Ensure the sharing of evidence, lessons and tools within and between units, and between partners for increasing effectiveness of regional support towards improving performance of national initiatives and responses;
- Establish a strategy for creative thinking in the staff in the office and find ways to nurture innovative thinking across the country programme focus areas;
- Serve as the country office focal point for knowledge management and be accountable for liaising with Knowledge Management/Sharing staff in the HQ Programme Division
- Develops and coordinates web-pages/intranets for dissemination of publications and reports for the country office and UNFPA partners to internal and external audiences to inform programmatic and management decision making
- Manage online training sources and provide support for training sessions and the development of training materials on a variety of topics
- Prepare annual contingency plans including in humanitarian preparedness and response for management information systems of the country office and coordinate as needed with UNFPA regional and HQs on MIS issues.
- Provide oversight for corporate MIS policies, strategies and plans in the country office and field offices to ensure optimal performance of staff.
B. General Support
- Stand-in for other team members on selected functions as may be required.
- Carry out any other duties as may be required by UNFPA leadership.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Masters Degree in Knowledge Management, Organization Development, Information & Knowledge Strategy, Education, Development Communication, and/or other related fields.
- Training or professional experience in facilitation, ideation management, strategic communications and marketing will be an asset.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 2 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in the field of development and population activities;
- Work experience in the field of innovation, and knowledge management is preferred.
- Specialized knowledge and experience in strategic thinking, facilitation methodologies and approaches will be desired;
- Experience in writing or developing knowledge pieces
- Experience with partnership development is desirable.
- Field experience is an asset;
- Prior experience in the UN system is an asset
- A thorough understanding of the UN system in general, and especially UNFPA mandate, its policies and operations and current development topics and political issues in Uganda will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team
Fluency in English; knowledge of other official UN languages is desirable
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves, our relationships, and others
- Communicating for impact
- Advocacy/Advancing a policy-oriented agenda
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships
- Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilization
- Delivering results-based programmes
- Technical Understanding of the areas of work
- Moderation and Facilitation Skills
- Project Management
- Managing financial processes
- Proficiency in current office software applications
Compensation and Benefits:
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
The post Programme Analyst, Innovation and Knowledge Management, Kampala appeared first on Latest Jobs in Uganda .