The International Potato Center under SweetGAINS project is planning a research for development study aimed at promoting sustainable adoption of improved sweetpotato varieties. The study will target sweetpotato farm households in Amuria district, Eastern Region of Uganda. This survey is aimed at establishing the effect of interventions deployed which included the dissemination of improved sweetpotato varieties in study communities. Thus, the Consultant will supervise a team of enumerators conducting a followup households survey using tablets.
• Supervise a team of enumerators conducting household survey in Amuria district
• Follow-up survey dataset collected using tablets approved by the Research Coordinator
• A field report detailing key observations, challenges encountered and how resolved, and opportunities seized to enhance the efficiency of the survey.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Specialty in agriculture, agribusiness management, economics, statistics, and other related fields
• Expertise required in survey supervision, team leadership, data management
• At least 3 years of experience; working with CGIAR in similar role
• Skills required in survey data collection, soft/interpersonal skills, team leadership
• Should have working knowledge/experience working in Teso Sub-region