SNV is an international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has annual revenues of over €120 million, and 1300 staff working in 25 countries across Asia, Africa and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission.
For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
Result 1: Take charge of administering the Grant Agreements (50 %)
- As part of the Grant Management Unit, working with all Grantees on the implementation of the Grant Agreements and ensure that the agreements are fully understood and implemented.
- Conduct close monitoring of the Grantee performance, validating of the accountabilities, analysing results versus targets and engage Grantees.
- Provide guidance and support to the Grantees to ensure that the submitted requests are in line with requirements as indicated in the Grant Agreements.
- Ensure the administrative processes are in place and followed, when preparing requests for payment to the Grantees. All requests submitted to finance need to have full documentation and have the correct information.
- Develop and maintain a database of all requests and payments, to allow management of the Grant Management Unit activities.
- Provide relevant information to the Monitoring and Evaluation officer, in order to make sure that all eligible beneficiaries are captured into the project database.
Result 2: Monitoring implementation of the Grant Agreements (30 %)
- Engage the technical advisers in the team on the technical relevance and quality of the delivered products and services and jointly develop tools and materials to support Grantees in improving quality of products/services.
- Participate in assessing the applications from private sector businesses for challenge grant as to whether they meet the SUPREME project criteria.
- Carry out verification of all delivered products and services by the Grantees: providing feedback on client satisfaction and as input into the payment process. This involves field verification visits to assess product performance and quality of service offered by the Grantee.
- Organise and participate in marketing events for the Grantees and learning sessions for specific set of Grantees.
Result 3: Contribute to the overall performance of the Grants Management Unit and the overall SUPREME project (20 %)
- Document all relevant aspects of Grant Management implementation, including quarterly reporting and substantial contributions to the Annual Reports (both targets and financial).
- Initiate and prepare amendments to the Grant Agreements and submit to project management and relevant project committees.
- Participate in SUPREME team meetings and any events and meetings, organized by SNV Uganda.
- Any other activity, as assigned by the SUPREME project manager.
- A bachelors’ degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or BCOM and/ or Professional Accounting qualification like CPA, CIMA, and ACCA Level.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience from financial management of development projects or at a middle or senior management level in accounting, auditing and grant management. Experiences with working in a partnership approach and supporting private sector.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Computer skills (email, word processing, spreadsheets, financial management systems).
- Highly motivated to maintain a regular dialogue with SNV’s partner organizations.
- Skills in teamwork, facilitation and training. Knowledge of INGO operations.
- Experience with sub-grantee management, working in the dairy sector and knowledge of southwest Uganda are all strong additional advantages.
- Sensitive and committed to Gender Equity and Diversity.
- Experience with implementing project with refuges is an advantage.
- Experience working in a consortium.
- Willingness to spend work in West Nile, while based in Arua city.
We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from and contribute to an international global network of experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org