Community Health Officer – Kampala
Save the Children is currently recruiting a Community Health Officer for a 5-year USAID-funded program in Uganda. The purpose of the program is to facilitate government-led leadership and enhance sustainable multi-sectoral coordination to accelerate gains in nutrition, maternal, new-born and child health outcomes.The Community Health Officer will be responsible for day to day technical and logistical assistance to local urban health authorities and health governance mechanisms to improve knowledge and positive practices related to MCH and nutrition for the urban poor and strengthen linkages between communities and health facilities to advance gains in utilization of MCH and Nutrition related services among the target audience. S/He will work closely with the Division Health Offices and, CSOs and consortium partners to conceptualize, integrate and operationalize SBC related activities to improve demand and uptake Maternal, Newborn, Child Health and Nutrition services among urban-poor populations
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in implementation of public health interventions similar with a focus on Urban health programming.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of maternal and child health programs and policies in Uganda
- Must have strong organizational skills and ability to work with diverse teams across the organization.
- Excellent skills required in program design, reporting, documentation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations
- Experience in working with external stakeholders with good knowledge of Uganda’s urban health system and structures
- Must be creative individual with strong sense of vision, commitment and priorities
- Advanced proficiency in computer packages such as Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Excellent analytical (qualitative and quantitative) and communication (written and verbal) skills.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Application closes on 7th April 2022 at midnight Ugandan time.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to Apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://uganda.savethechildren.net/careers