Agency for Community Empowerment (AFCE Uganda)
Location: Local Partner Office in Soroti City with travels to the Project district and Kampala
Job Title: Project Officer- Women and Youth Economic Empowerment
Reports to: Specialist-Youth Development
Department: Program & Sponsorship
Duration: 12 months
To ensure effective coordination, supervision, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the Women and Youth Economic Empowerment (WYEE) project activities in Katakwi, Amuria, Serere and Dokolo districts. The Project Officer will collaborate with the Local Partner Program Managers teams in the four districts for effective and timely project delivery.
Key duties and Responsibilities:
ChildFund International is committed to a workplace culture that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion in all its forms. Furthermore, ChildFund International is committed to ensuring a workplace that safeguards and protects all children, including preventing their sexual exploitation and abuse, as well as preventing the sexual exploitation and abuse of its staff, partners, and program participants.
The Project Officer will undertake the following roles and responsibilities:
- Facilitate timely identification of project participants in collaboration with community structures
- Work with relevant institutions for training, mentorship and skills building for youth vocational and business skills, and women groups empowerment.
- Timely implementation of capacity building initiatives for women and youth groups using approved curriculum.
- Ensure women and youth groups are organized, supported to document, and raise advocacy issues related to gender, agriculture, skilling, women, and teenage girls’ empowerment.
- Work with consultants and partners to ensure project baseline and end line surveys are timely conducted.
- Conduct routine project site visits and give feedback to the community and supervisors.
- Organize stakeholder quarterly reviews to realign processes and objectives.
- Regularly interact with community representatives and with direct beneficiaries to discuss activities, shortfalls, and remedial action.
- Prepare timely and quality quarterly and annual reports for submission to management and donors.
- Ensure quarterly documentation of project success stories, good practices, and testimonies.
- Ensure timely response to donor inquiries and requests.
- Consult with relevant local government Officers to ensure alignment to government programs.
- Work closely with the private sector and other players to link women and youth groups to markets, including youth employment.
- Ensure that the project resources are properly utilized, there is value for money and timely accountability
- Represents ChildFund in relevant fora and seminars on matters of Women and Youth life skills and economic empowerment project.
- Perform any other duties that may from time to time be assigned by the immediate supervisor
Required Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Natural resource management, Social Sciences, Development Studies, or any other related field.
- Post-graduate qualification in Project Planning and Management is an added advantage
- High Proficiency in Computer skills
- A minimum of three (3) years post qualification experience in a similar position working on community projects in a development organization.
- Experience working on Livelihood/youth/women empowerment projects is an added advantage.
- Demonstrable aptitude for teamwork.
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- Coordination skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and orally.
- Ability to make fast decisions.
The post Project Officer, Women and Youth Economic Empowerment – ChildFund International appeared first on Latest Jobs in Uganda .
For feedback write to info [at] afceug.org. Follow AFCE Uganda on Facebook and Twitter to get the latest news and articles from our Community Empowerment Blog. Thank you for your visit.