Governance of AFCE
AFCE is governed by an experienced and committed board of directors who provide strategic
oversight for the organization since its formation over a decade ago in 2011.
Is the planning, implementing and monitoring organ of Agency for Community
Empowerment. It is headed by the Program Coordinator (PC). The Programme Coordinator
provides effective leadership and gives guidance to the management for the smooth running
of the organization’s affairs.
Learn more about Agency for Community Empowerment (AFCE) :
AFCE is a registered youth-led Non Governmental organization founded in 2011 by a group of professional youths who responded to poverty elevation and inadequate job appeal by most youths in Uganda. AFCE works to improve the livelihoods of young people by empowering them to utilize their full potential towards holistic development.
The organization further seeks to contribute to creation of decent work for young people by promoting a positive attitude towards work, provide life skills, conduct trainings and develop linkages for interdependence and development.
AFCE is registered with Uganda National NGO Board as a Non-Governmental Organization with registration INDR11937344NE.
A resilient community with improved livelihoods and environment.
To promote an integrated development Programme that contributes to resilient livelihoods of the vulnerable people and their environment.
- To contribute to the achievement of resilient livelihoods for vulnerable community in West Nile region of Uganda.
- To develop a resilient organization with dynamic capacities to uphold the organization mission and vision.
- To promote the involvement and active participation of young people and women in climate resilient agri-business.
- To promote access to decent jobs for educated and non-educated unemployed young people through promotion of vocational skills, experience sharing and opportunities for internship and voluntarism.
- Accountability and Transparency
- Freedom and Justice
- Care and Volunteerism
- Respecting human dignity and the environment
Meet the Team
Annual reports for various years can be accessed in the downloads section.